Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, September 23, 2024

Weekend

 

Friday night, Tim and I had our friends, Jen and Mike over for a campfire. If you look you can see the fire in the fire ring out the front window on the right! We roasted hot dogs and enjoyed time together just the four of us!

I also saw a listing on Friday for a free couch, but Tim was helping a young couple from church, who just bought their first house, to put a UV light on their well. We didn't know how long that would take so I didn't pursue the couch.

Here is the photo from the listing.


Big, cozy with down filled cushions, red, gold, and green. Perfect.

Tim called me in the early afternoon and asked if I had talked to the lady with the couch. I hadn't but since he was going to be done soon, I took the chance to contact her. 

The lady already had had someone contact her about it but since there had been no more contact since the day before, she said I could come take it.

Tim, Kyle, and I went and got it, and brought it home in the van.



We all love it.

Here is our old couch in the space. It's in great shape, and a friend of ours has moved into his first apartment and needs a couch so it is going to him!


We had lunch today with church friends, I had made creamy chicken and wild rice soup in the crockpot. It was delicious.


I have a prayer request. My dad is having a heart valve surgery on Tuesday. They will go up the femoral artery and replace the aortic valve. We'd appreciate your prayers on his behalf!




No comments:

Weekend

  Friday night, Tim and I had our friends, Jen and Mike over for a campfire. If you look you can see the fire in the fire ring out the front...