Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Garden: New Hydrangea


My steady, reliable hydrangea has suffered the last two years, due to the harsh winters we've had.  No flowers last year and this year there are two blooms on it!

Here are some photos from past years.  You can see why I adore this plant!


I purchased this hydrangea at Costco about 5 or 6 years ago, and this year I bought another one from Costco, a beautiful deep pink.


 I planted it outside, and it seems to be thriving but I don't think I am going to get anymore blooms on it this year.

I decided that I am hydrangea addicted and with our property I could have many more hydrangea plants, so I bought another one two days ago.




It is a Wedding Gown Mophead.  I love it!  Now, to figure out where to plant it so that I can see it from the house!

Are you plant/flower addicted?  What are your favorites?

8 comments:

  1. I hope your red hydrangea stays red! Doesn't it change according to the soil? Our two plants are producing about two flowers so far this summer. Disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hydrangeas are a favorite of mine - just thinking and counting in my head, I come up with 8 of them. And I'd love a couple more. They are so reliable and beautiful. The color in your blooms is so rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Hydrangeas are one of my favorites, but lilacs top the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I can't grow the mopheads like you have, there are about 10 hydrangeas on our small property. I like 'Limelight' as it starts our chartreuse and turns pink to burgundy by autumn.
    There's also a growing collection of hostas, around 30. :-)
    Enjoy your new hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking of adding a couple hydrangea plants to an area of our fence line that needs color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, because I do not have as much room as you do. It is odd, too, that without cranking my neck, I can see none of my flowers. Your latest hydrangea is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I am obsessed with drawing butterflies and hummingbirds to my property right now, so we researched that and created a garden accordingly. Hydrangea is next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hydrangeas! I love them too! Wish we could get them to grow up here.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...