Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Making A Life



Sharing a post from nearly four years ago -  I still believe these things.....





Making A Life

How many of us are blessed to live the life we want to live?

I know that I am.



Now I am not talking about having huge amounts of money, driving a certain kind of car, etc.  I am talking about the important things of life.  Faith, family, friends, simplicity, love, caring for others.

We've chosen to be focused on people over things and the results have been wonderful.  We have deep and meaningful relationships, which give us encouragement, and a sense of community.



By being deliberate we have a rich home life with lots of laughter, joy, and love.  We do have stresses and we do have struggles, but the joy of our home makes it a place we all love to be, in the place where we are loved and accepted. 


My husband is creative and skilled in his work and works hard both at his place of employment and here at our home.  Over the years he has built a horse barn and now a chicken coop.  He has built and designed trim work for our home, put wood floors in, repaired cars, keeps the laundry process going.  Mostly though he reads the Word daily and prays and reads it to us and prays for us.

We chose home education for our children and we've always been thankful.  It is exciting to me to learn with my children every year.  I love seeing them learn to read and watching them conquer challenges.  I love hearing them telling their Dad or others about something they learned.

I love moving from Mommy to Mom and friend with my kids.  I love watching my granddaughter smile, and I love that we are the ones providing her care everyday while Mommy and Daddy are at work.

I am looking forward to my parents adding on to our home so that they can be with us daily and yet in their own space as well.  I'm excited about the trip my daughter and I are taking with my Dad to Scotland.  We leave in 10 days!  It's going to be awesome!

You can make your life by being deliberate about your choices.  What are the things you value?  What things are most important to you?  You can start being intentional about them, and making them the focus and good portion of your life.

When you do, you will be blessed and delighted with your life.  And thankful.

I know I am.






7 comments:

  1. Loved these thoughts then, love them now! There are many things in life that we can't control, but we certainly can live our lives with intention and submit to His plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder if I commented the first time you posted this. I remember the trip to Scotland, but I do not specifically remember this post. Love the photos of your daughter and granddaughter and the photos of the flowers along the picket fence is calendar worthy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking along this same thing this week. I just did a post similar this morning about it. I love your blog. Always encourages me. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter is the time I most enjoy doing all the homemaking stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful thoughts! You and your husband have done well with your family, raising them to love the Lord! Finding our contentment with what we have is such a blessing to be thankful for! How wonderful that you are so involved in your granddaughter's care too! And that you are making room for your parents to be cared for in the golden years of their lives. Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deanna, this was wonderful to read. I can relate! I am about to start taking care of my great-nephew while his Mom (my neice) works. I am so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited about your trip to Scotland! We spent a month there in 2009! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...