Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, January 28, 2017

The Decluttering Continues...


Today has been a bustling kind of day around the cottage.  I continue to declutter and move things out that we are no longer using or wearing.  Rachel decluttered her closet today, too.

Tim decluttered the horse stalls, with Kyle's help, and our neighbor is appreciative of the manure for his garden!  Now Tim is burning paper trash, and two Christmas trees (ours and my parents').  It's great to have some land to be able to do this and the zoning in our township to do it as well.

I've had my Pandora on today, not staying super long on any one station, and I listened to two podcasts by Sally Clarkson.  So good and encouraging.

I've been knitting again, I like having handwork to do when listening or watching a movie.  I got Rachel caught up on Victoria on PBS.  Are any of you watching it?  




Its dusk now and the sky is clear, its going to be cold tonight I suspect.  I have a stack of books next to my chair - my Bible, Different by Sally and Nathan Clarkson, The Silent Songbird by Melanie Dickerson.

I need to get dinner progressing, so I need to get going.  I did want to say thank you for all your great comments this week.  I appreciated the tone of civility on a difficult subject.

Tomorrow, after church, we are going to spend the afternoon with dear friends who live about an hour away.  We've missed seeing them with the busyness of the holidays and sickness.

We are all excited!

4 comments:

  1. Another Victoria fan here!
    Loving this series.
    And yay for decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent the weekend tearing wallpaper from a corner of my kitchen, patching the wall, and repainting. It has been a process and that's why I put these things off. I've been putting this off for nearly a quarter of a century. =D

    Sounds as if you folks had a very industrious day! I have heard that horse manure, for whatever reason, is not good for a garden. Do you know? Now chicken scat...excellent!

    Yes, I am watching Victoria, but have already written tomorrow's post and will be saying what little I have to say about it there. Not sure that I'd call myself a fan.

    Have a wonderful time of fellowship with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still de-cluttering too:) It helps that I am doing a little every day! It doesn't feel like a huge undertaking that way! LOVE that pretty blue that you are working on:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decluttering is inspiring! It's a good time of year to do it. Yes we are watching Victoria.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...