Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, January 9, 2017

This and That



We has snow Thursday night into early Friday morning, and then a bit on Saturday.

This is not unusual for Pennsylvania, so the 3 inches or so we had were enough to make it beautiful, and not too inconvenient.


 I was up and out of the house early Thursday and Friday morning to help Tim take his truck and trailer to an inspection.  He needed to bring water to this one, and also needed his van with his work tools.

It was cold but I was able to take these photos, so there's that.


Its been super cold for a few days, the kind of cold that feels like you're living in the frozen tundra!  But by the middle of the week we are going to be mild - in the 50's - and will have rain.

There is a beauty to winter, but when it's this cold the only thing to do, if you can, is to stay indoors.  I sorted through a bunch of storage stuff.  It hasn't been gone through for several years and its time to purge some more!  

I also made about 7 dozen cappuccino muffins.  Several are going to a work party we are going to for Chick-fil-A this afternoon, and some we are taking to Joseph's family's house tonight.  We are watching the new season of Sherlock together.  Fun times.





7 comments:

  1. Yes, the cold is brutal. The white is very pretty, though. What a good helper Tim has in you, well, when you're not taking pictures. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I watched Sherlock twice! What a wild and crazy show and I still don't know if I understand what happened. I may need crib notes.

      Delete
  2. Your home and the muffins look so beautiful. We are watching Sherlock too. It is so twisted. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy snow days when I can stay at home. They are good for projects . . . and eating. (We had some of each this past weekend.)

    Yummy-looking muffins. I am sure you'll have a good time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too had a snow day but it was not as much as we had hoped. And lots of ice which is still on the trees and beautiful. I am enjoying this very cold weather. Your muffins looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got very little snow around here, in fact hardly any but plenty of cold weather! I have a picket fence and it is funny how the snow collects on the top, beautiful pictures:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was, in a word, blissful. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...