Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, July 5, 2010

I Met A Blogging Friend This Weekend...







Karen from Blue Barn Bulletin and her family were in town to surprise the Becky's daughter Chelsea, and it was a surprise for her daughters Julianne and Allison as well!  Karen's daughter Julianne and Chelsea have become great pals through emailing and since Juju just had a birthday on Thursday and Chelsea's is Tuesday....Well let's just say the Mommies conspired to bring joy and delight to their daughters!

Yesterday Hospitality Lane hosting a big party celebrating Chelsea's birthday with cake for both girls, lots of yummy food and great fellowship.  

Later everyone came our way for fireworks as my dad loves to buy a big pack from Costco and share them with us all!  Afterward the kids were playing hide and seek in the dark and it was so precious to see Kyle holding Allison's hand while they were seeking the hiders!  Karen was quite jealous! 

I don't have one single photo to show you.  I am sure Becky will post some soon.  The Blue Barn folk are headed home this morning. 

This is so sad to me - I wish they lived next door!  They are so delightful as a family.  They really fit right into all our Sunday Craziness!  :)  

After finding Karen's blog about 3 years ago, it was so wonderful to get to show her Creekside Cottage in person, and to give her a big hug!  

I hope we will get to see them again soon!  

7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a blessing for all of you! Can I say that I'm jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this was the sweetest weekend I have had in a very long time. ...And that is saying something, because I live a very charmed life with awesome friends! Thanks for having us over last evening. It was the perfect ending to an amazing day.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen is very sweet. Us Michiganders are that way. Ha Ha I enjoyes meeting them. I will have to start reading her blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great! I've never met any blog friends in real life yet. I think that would be so neat! Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we had so much fun! Although it was planned to surprise the girls, I think Clarence and I had at least as much fun as the kids.

    I hope all is well with Sarah's tooth. I was so worried about her last night when we left. I'm glad it was *just* a tooth (not a good thing but far less dangerous than it could have been.)

    You have got the cutest kids! And they are all sweet, too! Thanks for inviting us to share in the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time. It's so nice that your got to meet a blogging friend. I'd love to meet you someday too.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. how WONDERFUL....I have met bloggers in person before and it is really a joyful thing...can I be a little jealous...as I would love to meet you...but you know what...if not on earth..I know I know you in heaven....and I will give you a great big Hug....
    what a reunion that will be for all of us bloggers..huh ????..just think about it ?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...