Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This and That





www.allposters.com



It's time for one of those posts when you don't really have any "one" thing to say but lots of bits so here goes....


Our Mom's meeting went fantastically!  We changed up somethings, and let Moms come early to sign up the kids before the meeting started.  We started at 7:15 pm and I couldn't not believe it when I looked up and the clock said 8:15 pm and we were done!  Everyone was so thrilled!  Including me!  Of course part of my work was just beginning, talking with ladies and trying to encourage them!  We home educating Moms get discouraged sometimes or sometimes we just need to share how are kids are doing and can you believe that people just "don't get how great this homeschooling thing is?"   That is my favorite part of my 'job'.


The contractor is coming over bright and early this morning, okay, at 9:00 am to discuss changes to the plan that my parents want to make and then to start the ball rolling with our township for approval.  This will be a big hurdle as it is in any project but it is vital to being able to do this inlaw quarters here on our property.


Tim's cousins are here one more day, they go to see Joseph!  We are so excited that it worked out for them to be able to see it!  Soon they will be headed back to Africa where they head up a college for Christian students.


Tomorrow the girls and I will be taking a herb class and learning to make tinctures.  It should be interesting!


Psalm 90:12 - So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.


The Lord has shown me that in learning to number our days, we must learn to focus on the things that will bring us wisdom for our lives - how to love our spouses, our children, how to care for others, show hospitality, to learn it is not all about me!


That is my prayer.



2 comments:

  1. Very interesting to learn little bits about you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meeting was a sweet breath of fresh air after this past month!

    Hope all goes well with the township. I am looking forward to having your parents closer.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

This And That

  Marketplace has been good to me once again! I found this darling loveseat for $40! It's clean with no stains. The cushion covers come ...