Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, November 10, 2017

Hospitality:Preparing For Guests


I'm never happier than when we are hosting family or friends.  It's a joy to care for people when they are in our home, and we've got a lot of guests coming in the next few weeks.

Be our guest 12x24 farmhouse wood sign. Perfect for guest rooms
                                                source

We are having sweet friends, who've become family,  coming for dinner on Saturday night, Tim's sister and her husband are coming to stay overnight on their way to New York for Thanksgiving and hunting, then other friends who are family - do you have friends like this?  Aren't they the best kind? - will be here that next day to stay for four days on their way to New England for Thanksgiving.  Then the day after they leave, Emma, Vinnie and Isla will be coming up for Thanksgiving.  I'm not certain whether they'll be staying here or at Lindsay and Joseph's yet.  Its up to them.

So the cottage will be hopping with comings and goings and I'm so excited!

   An Ornament to a House
are the Guests
who frequent it

Ralph Waldo Emerson


I love this quote, don't you?

We don't have a guest room, but we do have a very nice space that we set up downstairs when we are having guests.  We have comfy beds and a warm woodstove for keeping people comfy.  Its a really nice space to sleep in.

I'll be stocking up some special treats, and making sure there are plenty of nice things to drink, too. This time of year its fun to have hot cider, eggnog, special teas, and hot cocoa on hand. I always check for any food allergies, or preferences.  

I'll likely have some small gifts, because we won't see most of our guests at Christmas. Ornaments, small pillows, local made candies, or candles make wonderful gifts.  

                                       source





6 comments:

  1. You are going to be having lots of fun, as will the guests who are fortunate to be staying in your lovely and welcoming home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you'll have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was one of your guests!

    It looks right now like we will be having Thanksgiving at the kid's townhouse which is about an hour and fifteen minutes away. I'd rather have it here so I don't have to travel but it is time for new family traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such fun. You are the hostess with the mostess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love and admire the manner in which you welcome company and family and ensure they will be well fed and sleep in comfort! What a wonderful hostess you are Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am getting ready for some guests. I love using our boys' old rooms for guests and making it a cozy place they can escape for time alone as well as to sleep comfortably. I usually put some water and snacks there too. Someday you'll have a guest room like that!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...