Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, May 8, 2020

Sea Turtle Quilt




Last month I cut out the fabric for two quilts for my grandsons. One of them has a birthday in June and one is due in June.  These brothers will be two years apart! 

The sea turtle fabric is my favorite.  This week I started to sew it.  I stitched the binding, then began to sew around various sea turtles.



This is how the back of the fabric looks.



It's really turning out cute. 

I started to pin the binding on the baby's quilt yesterday, and will work on that quilt this weekend. I'm happy to have something productive to do and to be making gifts for my precious grands.

My heart is sad about many things happening in our nation, devastating things, overreaching things.  So I'm reminding myself that I can control my intake of news and opinions, and taking the weekend off.

I'm so glad that I know who I can trust with my future.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! My Mama was a quilter and there is lots of hard work that goes into making a quilt. Enjoy your day, weekend ahead and Happy Mother's Day! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy project, those darling quilts for your sweet grandboys!!

    I have found the news (and endless controversy on Facebook and blogs) to be tiring. I agree that it is good to step away for a time. It is good to have time to focus on Him and on things eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are going to be darling quilts. Looks like fiddly work quilting around each sea turtle. You must have lots of patience.

    Enjoy your weekend off from the neverending news; although, I have been pleased with much of yesterday and today's news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet quilt and a beautiful keepsake for your grandson. Hope you had a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday (on Saturday)

  Hi everyone! Sorry I couldn't get this written and posted for Friday, but here it is on Saturday! These are dahlias and they are apart...