Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

First Day Of Winter

 




Happy winter! Our temperatures have really been feeling like winter. This morning it is 25 degrees outside. We are cozy inside with our wood stove burning downstairs (helps heat the house). We are listening to Sarah's Christmas playlist. Tim made us all scrambled eggs for breakfast. We like to add fried flour tortilla in the eggs, and Tim adds onion and cheese. It's really good.

In a bit Sarah and Tim are headed out to take a family friend to BWI. He is flying out to California to have Christmas with his son and daughter in law.

I'm going to finish tidying up the living area and kitchen. I've made Christmas treats for neighbors, and I need to declutter the usual spaces.

I'm waiting on some packages to arrive. I believe we are all set for Christmas. We don't overbuy. Anything we use a credit card for is something that can be paid off at the end of the month. This brings peace and not stress.

Last night I baked chicken tenderloins in some zesty Italian dressing and it was delicious. It can be done with thighs, too. It flavors the meat very well. I made a boxed chicken flavored rice side dish, and a green salad. Very easy and satisfying. 

My heart is focused on the joy of the season which for me comes from knowing what God did for us in sending his son. He is not a baby in a manger anymore, nor is he still on the cross, he is alive. What a joy to celebrate him and God's plan of redeeming mankind.


He's the light of the world. 

Matthew 4:16 says, "the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.” This is a quote from Isaiah 9:2.

The world has been dwelling in darkness for a long time now, and yet the light is shining. Can you see it?


5 comments:

  1. It's actually pretty dim. I'd be inclined to blame my failures if it were not for Paul's words,"I see through a glass darkly."
    Your blog is a bright spot. Thank you. Merry on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, amen and amen! to the weather, to the use of credit cards, to not overbuying, and especially to the Blessed Truth of His Victorious Resurrection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.... I have not been able to comment on a couple of blogs so it is wonderful to be able to do so here!!! My new computer issues continue but not gonna let em get me down.

    Happy Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your question . . . yes, I can see The Light! I love that verse and the promise it held. Indeed, this world is in darkness and according to Scripture, it always will be. Every one of us dwell, or once dwelt, in the shadow of death, but praise God for the Light that dawned and saved us from death's shadow!

    The song you shared is new to me. It's a beautiful song and the lyrics are wonderful . . . they tell the Gospel story!

    Oooo . . . it's cold here too and getting colder. I try not to complain because i use up my complaint quota in the summertime complaining about the heat.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours as you celebrate the Light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are lights in this world - and you are one of them! You reflect the Light of the World - as we are all called to do.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...