Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, December 12, 2022

Weekend

 


We had a very nice weekend. I spent a good part of Saturday afternoon polishing my silver plate. I haven't had it out for over a year, as I don't have much space at this time to have it displayed. 

However, this year my coffee table was empty and the perfect spot!

I love the way it looks!

On Sunday two young women, who are sisters that we've known for years, came to our church. We were so pleased to see them. They both have married in the last 3 years, and really had not seen them. They are the daughters of our Amish friend who died a year ago.

These young women along with their husbands came over for lunch on Sunday. One of the sisters, married in the Amish church, and one never joined the Amish church. The non Amish sister is married to a young man who also grew up in the Amish church but never joined the church. They are all simply delightful young adults. 

It was a joy to have them in our home! The non Amish couple have decided to attend our church regularly so I know we will get to see them more often!

Then in the evening, Wes and Rachel came over to watch a movie. It was a nice way to end the day.

Today, we will be doing school. I need to look at our log and decide when we'll be taking our Christmas break. Sarah will come home next week, so we definitely will be on break while she is home.

Then we have our anniversary on January 2nd, so we are always on break through the New Year. 

I wanted to show you where I put my French Fruit Tree bowl.



My hallway is small and dark so the photos really take on the wall color, as the lamp must be on to get a photo.

It looks great on my table at the end of the hall though, don't you think? 

How was your weekend? Do you have snow? We had rain yesterday, and haven't really had snow yet, just one day we had some snow showers that didn't lay.


4 comments:

  1. It is nice to reconnect with friends who you haven't seen in some time. I'm sure that lunch was a lovely time of fellowship! So exciting to know that Sarah will be home soon and you all will have many celebrations . . . Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries! I love your French fruit tree bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations! So lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some snow overnight that has turned to ice. It's a trick to walk on since there's been no shoveling to speak of. I actually leaf blowed my steps and drive. I just imagined all the children praying for snow and tried to smile. 😉

    Yes! Your end of hallway display looks lovely. As I said, I really like that arrangement. And your silver looks perfect for the season.

    You are such hospitable folks. How pleasant for you to have young people in your home.

    My wreath man did not come around this year so I must come up with something for the door—soon! Time's a-wasting.

    Keep sparkling, My Friend. 💫

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silver pieces really add to the Christmas festive feeling. They are such lovely pieces. And I LOVE your French Fruit bowl. It looks perfect where you have it displayed. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...