Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, October 2, 2023

Weekend

 


This weekend was a gift. 

With a milestone birthday looming, my husband suggested a day out. I commented that we really needed to choose flooring for the addition, and so we took my mom and got the job done! Luxury Vinyl Plank for the whole addition, wood for everywhere except the bathroom, which will be a tile look. 

We'd all gone to breakfast before choosing flooring, so we took mom home, and Tim and I headed out. We went to some antique malls in Adamstown. We had a lot of fun. Tim was getting texts, which isn't unusual, and the last one he got was supposedly from our pastor who asked if he could come by and look at something at one of the cabins on the church property.

We were only about 10 minutes away from our church by this time and I was totally fine with that, so off we went. When we pulled up my darling family and sweet friends were all outside of the church! 

Surprise! It was a party for me!

My Emma and her daughter Isla had flown in from Tennessee, and my Lindsay was there with her friend, too! My Nate's girls had made me signs, Surprise Happy Birthday Grandma! with help from their mama!

So many sweet friends were there and I enjoyed every minute. I thank God over and over for the sweet cards I received. My love language is words of affirmation, and those cards and a few gifts have filled my heart!

It was the first time all the kids had been together in several years!


They stood in birth order (their idea), Nate, Lindsay, Emma, Rachel, Sarah, and Kyle. 

Tim and I have the best looking kids, don't we?

We love them so much and are so proud of them.

We had a fun day yesterday, going to church, then hanging out at the house. The cousins played and Isla and Klaire who are both seven next week (born less than 24 hours apart but each on their own day) have become fast friends. That was fun to see.

Tomorrow I turn 60, even though I feel much younger. God has given me joys and sorrows and through it all he has been with me through the highs and lows of life, teaching me and loving me. I'm grateful for the years he's given.


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! No better surprise for a Mama than to have her whole family together. Blessings . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise and blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...what a sweet surprise for you. Yes, you have a very good looking family. I love birth order photos! Happy 60th to you. God bless you and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful surprise. You must have been thrilled. The perfect gift. I just turned 59. Not far behind. - Abby

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...