Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, October 9, 2023

Weekend

 We had a quiet, but lovely weekend.


On Friday our co-op had a field trip to the fire company. We've been going to this fire company for over 20 years.


They teach the kids about fire safety and show them how all their equipment works. They even let them shoot water out of the hoses! 

Saturday was my daughter in law, Kayleigh's birthday! I made her a hydrangea wreath, and we gave her this fun tshirt!

Earlier in the day the visiting nurse came by to see my dad and he's doing great. He's happy to be home, and is walking every day. He has this nifty walker from the VA. He goes out to the garage and walks every day for about 20 minutes.


Tim has a cold and so he took it easy on Saturday, and stayed home from church yesterday. Kyle and I picked up the girls and went to church then came home and made hamburgers and fries.

In the last two weeks the drywall guy showed up a total of one day, for an hour and got the small bedroom drywall up. Minus the closet.


Our contractor called Tim the other day to see how the drywall was going, so he told him. He got a text a little while later to say that the drywall guy would have it all done by the end of this week. He was here working before 8:30 am! Progress!

He's been holding things up. We are going to do the painting when he's done, then the flooring is ready to be installed, and then the trim. Also the ceiling insulation will be blown in when the drywall is finished.

We have a hard deadline for the week before Thanksgiving! Praying that it will be done and occupancy can happen!

This week are the birthdays of our two October grands, Isla and Klaire! Emma got this great photo of them when she and Isla came for my birthday weekend!


These darlings have their birthdays on separate days but are less than 24 hours apart! They've never lived near each other, but they hit it off big time! I know they'll have a blast the week of Thanksgiving, when we'll all be together!

What a gift my family is to me! God graciously has given me these people to walk through life with, through good and bad, joy and sorrow. I'm grateful.

I hope this autumn weekend was lovely where you live. It's been cloudy and chilly and this morning it was 45 degrees! I love it!


4 comments:

  1. Oh happy Autumn Deanna...it all sounds wonderful....I know you are hoping for completion before Thanksgiving....it's going to be just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the t-shirt!! lol
    I'm glad your Dad is doing well! And that carpenter...hope you didn't pay in full, up front? Hope the work gets done.
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shirt! Happy Birthday everyone! It is sounding like good progress, I know you will be excited to get it all done. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a lovely weekend at your house!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...