Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, October 16, 2023

Weekend

 

I drive by this Amish owned greenhouse several times a week, and I do buy seasonal plants from them several times a year. The mums laid out like this are very pretty and eye catching!

The main event of the weekend was a Sunday drive to pick up this FB Marketplace find! I've been wanting one like this for a few years and have never been able to find one in the price range I was willing to pay.


That is until Friday. We arranged to get it yesterday, and we also checked out a freestanding hutch I was thinking of for my kitchen. They were only 7 miles apart and it was a lovely day for a drive!



The hutch was too narrow for how I want to use it, so I'll keep looking for that. This chandelier has one tear drop crystal missing so I'll order one, and clean the brass with some cleaner. It is just lovely.

Should I tell you what I paid? $35! The woman said it was in the first home she bought and had had it in all her homes since. About 50 years, and she doesn't use it anymore and her kids are eager for her to get rid of 'stuff.'

I was happy to give it a new home!

It was a cool 44 degrees this morning when I left to take Kyle to work. Our autumn color is pretty but not as spectacular as last year. We still have a lot of green, too.


I hope your weekend was great! 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding just what you've been wanting and a reasonable price too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to find a beautiful piece that you have been looking for! We are enjoying a gorgeous fall here, so very thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That light was just meant for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  We had a party weekend at our cottage! We have four immediate family birthdays in May, my Dad's was on Sunday. On Saturday however, Mo...