Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Last Day of April

April was a very busy month for us. Lots of activities, appointments, and opportunities to extend hospitality.



Sometimes as the old saying goes, "It's feast or famine" as far as certain activities are concerned. This past weekend I went to two teas! Friday night was the spring tea at my Mom's church. Rachel and I attended with her. We sat with two ladies in my mom's age range named Emma and Janie. Isn't that cute? I loved their names. They were friendly and we had an enjoyable time.

Saturday our kids ministry hosted a Mom and Me tea! The girls were ages 7 and down and they attended with their mommies! Janae our kids ministry leader, did an amazing job decorating and planning it. They all had tea and treats first. Most drank Irish Breakfast tea or Vanilla Comoro. I had Peppermint and Chamomile available as well. I was the tea brewer and pourer and we had a server. Some of the littlest girls had apple juice in their tea cups.

Janae also had some paper tea cups for the very littlest. I brought four small real tea cups and then a variety of cups. We also had punch later, while they were doing their activities. They could plant a flower, paint fingernails, paint a wooden animal, and make a bracelet.

Kay brought all of the girls, and they had to leave a bit early to get to Klaire's softball game.


Early in April we had a sweet family from church over for lunch. I got to hold their baby girl, and get some sweet snuggles in. 

Our kitchen is the hub of all daily life and hospitality. I am so grateful for it every day.

I was looking through old photos, trying to find a certain photo of my grandmother, when I came across this gem.


All my babies. Obviously that is baby Kyle, the others are 16, 13, 11, 6, and 3. Sweet memories.



 With the addition I've had to find places for some of my plants. This one used to be on a shelf by our sliding doors to the deck and now it is in the front window. I think it is doing well there.

This plant is delightful. Purplish under leaves and the tops look painted. I have since repotted this into a clay pot, but it is still in this spot in the living room. It is thriving.


I hope you all are thriving, too.

May begins a busy birthday month. Dad's birthday is Sunday, Mom's in on the 15th, just after Mother's day on the 12th. Nate's birthday is on the 24th, and Rachel's is on the 31st. 

Fun times ahead in May!


1 comment:

  1. Thank picture of your kids is so great! So funny to look back and see them that size, when now many of them have kids that age! Your kitchen is so beautiful, I can only imagine you must be enjoying it every day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

We've had overcast and rainy days, so I don't have a lot of new photos to show you. Here is one of me earlier this spring. I had a c...