Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, July 29, 2024

Weekend



My ficus was a tiny tree when I bought it! It loves to live on the deck, but it can't stay out all winter. I put it in the garage in front of a south facing window last year and it did well.


 Saturday ended up being different than I thought it would be. Tim had two jobs (he normally doesn't work on Saturdays), so I had a slow start to my day and went out to sit in the lovely sunny weather on the deck. 

Pretty soon my mom came out, then my dad and mom said my niece was coming for a visit. She arrived, then my daughter Lindsay showed up.

Rachel called and said Sarah had told her that my niece Kaitlin was there so when Wes got home, they'd come over. Lindsay left right before they arrived, and Kaitlin told us she was going to Lindsay's for dinner. 

They all decided to swim - Wes, Rachel, Sarah, Kyle, and our niece Kaitlin all got in the pool.

Because I went up to a friends' house on Friday I didn't grocery shop, and not needing a lot I did a pick up order. When they were all done swimming, Rachel came in and I told her I was going to be headed out to pick up my order. She had something she needed to return, so she asked to come along. Of course! Then Sarah came in and Rachel said, "Sarah will come, too!" So then I invited my mom and as she said "it's a party!"

We ended up picking up Chinese for dinner and the kids stayed late. It was a fun day.

Sunday was more relaxed. I had something in the crockpot for lunch and it was ready when we got home. I sliced up peaches (Red Haven!) and Tim cut up watermelon. We'd kept the little girls so they could swim. I ran them home around dinnertime.

It was a good weekend.

I found an old post that I thought you might like to read. You can find it {here}.


Early evening light from the northwestern facing windows. Pillows everywhere, cords on the floor, and toys on the window sill. Very typical scene in our home.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It sounds like a lovely weekend filled with family and simple pleasures! A comfortable and welcoming home is a true blessing!

Weekend

  We had a fun weekend filled with friends, who are like family, and friends we are just getting to know well. Friday, Tim and I were invite...