Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Home School Convention

Yesterday we returned from two days at our statewide convention. This is such a wonderful time to be encouraged by the sheer number of people who are homeschooling their children! Also, I love to get my hands on books and materials and look them over to see if they are what we really want to use!

I appreciate the hard work of those who organize this event every year. My husband and I volunteer each year, it's a way for us to serve and help others.

One thing I see every year is ladies struggling to find the "right" thing. I know women who buy curriculum every year and then don't use it, because it doesn't "work". Or they want something different, new.

I think that Anna at www.pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com has written an excellent essay on this.

Over the next several weeks I will share my home education "philosphy". I truly believe God has given us everything we need to home educate our own children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

  I'm loving my deck flowers. Twice in the last few weeks, we've had frost overnight so we've had to bring the flowers into the ...