Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer Reading

With so much talk on the blogosphere about summer reading, I have decided to post what I have been reading this summer, so far, and what I am planning to read.

First off I have to say that I am the kind of person who has several books going at one time. Different kinds of books; fiction, education, women's topics. Also I read books that I intend to have my older kids read that deal with life issues, such as dating, purity etc...

So here is my summer reading list.

Books I have read:
The Firstborn Series by Karen Kingsbury
Fame, Forgiven, Found, Family, Forever (Just finishing)

Home Comforts by Cheryl Mendelson

Books I intend to read:
Finish reread of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Sunrise by Karen Kingsbury

Parenting from the Heart by Marilyn Boyer

Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George

Books to read with my girls:
The Divine Dance by Shannon Kubiak Primicerio

Before you Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Malley

We also take weekly trips to the library, so anything that catches my eye will be read as well. And many books to my almost 5 year old and my almost 2 year old!


I would love to hear about what you are reading and what you like or don't like about it, how it has challenged your thinking etc...

Pick up a book and read!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading Northranger
    Abbey by Jane Austen. Some how I never read it?! I'm still reading You Are Your Choices by Alexandra Stoddard - not liking it as much as her previous books. This Organic Life Confessions of a Suburban Homesteader by Joan Dye Gussow - great book, I'm really enjoying it.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished Sunrise a couple of weeks ago. Although it was entertaining and I will follow the series to the end, it's time for a new one! Very predictable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Paula,

    I haven't read much of Karen Kingsbury, they are easy reading, and I got interested in the Dayne&Katy story line.

    Manuela, I have liked Alexandra Stoddards other books, they are similar to a favorite author/speaker Emilie Barnes. Focusing on making our homes and lives more beautiful, organized etc. Don't know if you have seen her books, she is usually in Christian Bookstores.

    Thanks for sharing what you are reading!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...