Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, March 14, 2008

Big Shopping Day

Every other Friday, I embark on my bi-weekly enormous grocery shopping day. Whew! I am tired already!

First I make a menu of 14 meals, and then I compile my shopping list. Our menu for the next two weeks is as follows:

Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans.

Beef and noodles, with corn.

Potato Cheese Soup

Chicken Curry with brown rice.

Tacos and Rice

Chicken Corn Soup, homemade cornbread.

Burgers and home fries

Oven BBQ Chicken, cheesy biscuits, and salad.

Sweet and Sour chicken with brown rice - in crock pot

Spaghetti w/meatballs.

There is no particular order for these meals - but having the menu allows me to choose a meal to make at a glance and know that I have all the ingredients to make the meal. This allows me to choose meals based on the time required or the ease of the meal if I need the girls to cook etc...Flexibility is Key for us!

I also use this day to run errands. With the price of gasoline, I like to not run out everyday, and also with homeschooling it is important to be HOME as much as possible to get school done!

I will run to about 5 stores today, they are not too far from each other but are about 20-25 minutes from my home. Most of my errands are in this area as well. Fortunately for me, I have daughters who are older, trustworthy and responsible and so I do not need to subject my little ones to being dragged around for hours. They can stay at home with all their regular routines and the youngest can still get his naptime in. This is such a blessing to everyone! We usually get our big school items done before I leave, and then they work on fun things like painting, or projects they have currently going.

If you have any questions regarding this post, feel free to comment!

Well, I need to get going! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. that is great that you have the older ones to help. I baby sit an 8 month old 5 days a week, so all 4 get dragged all over on my errand days. Like yesterday. We were gone for 3 1/2 hours, but they all stayed in good spirits, even though the baby only got a 45 minute nap while we drove to drop off stuff for Brook's business :)Those days can kind of be stressful, but they did great yesterday... you just never know :) Have a great day getting all your errands done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you cook for me too??? I don't like to anymore with everyone here and there...I am hungry right now so everything sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a list!! Hope you are getting to run down! At least you only go every other week, thats a good way to do things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun meeting up for lunch on our busy Friday as well.

    Ma phidas

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...