Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday

Today was simply beautiful here.

I went to my parents to work on the downstairs bathroom - I am almost done painting, I just have the cabinet doors to finish. Then the rest is all theirs! hee hee

Then I drove home and picked up the kids and their great friend Danielle and drove to meet Danielle's dad. They moved to a different county and we live more than an hour away, so whenever we have the chance to work it out, she comes to stay a few days with us, or my girls go there. It is a friendship worth working for and continuing.

Then we met my husband at his work and he took the littles home and the older girls and I went to the mall ( a rare occurance) to look for shoes. I just hate most shoes these days or else they cost a fortune! We came home with a couple of books instead!!!

Now we are going to eat our spaghetti and meatballs, and enjoy the rest of the evening.

My darling and I may even bundle up and sit on the deck together for awhile. Alone. Seriously.

Have a Blessed Palm Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. What books did you get???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a book by Amanda Granger called "Mr. Darcy's Diary." It is Mr. Darcy's perspective on "Pride and Prejudice."
    Emily bought Dee Henderson's "Danger in the Shadows." You gave that to me years ago, but it got loaned out and was never returned. She and Lindsay have been reading through the O'Malley series, although I think Lindsay just finished. She wants to read "Danger" but Emily is reading it....You know how that goes sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, but I did not find any shoes I like at payless....to trendy or weird!!!!

    hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a great Saturday! We also had a wonderful sunny day. With a birthday party we went to, and then Brook took us to see Horton Hears a Who (Which is my favorite Dr. Seuss Book) and the I went to ladies night (a once a month thing some of us do). Yesterday day was beautiful too.... but today the rain is coming back :( Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...