Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ready for Spring!

I am so ready for Spring! The temperatures are much warmer now, and you can feel that the seasons have changed, well, ok, officially tomorrow!

March is a blustery and wet month here in Pennsylvania and we have been known to have a snowstorm in this month as well. BUT, you can see the bulb plants above ground and eager to burst forth with their beautiful flowers. Spring is a beautiful time here.



These pictures are from my garden last year, late spring or early summer. (Yes, our camera is still not working) This year, I need to do some work on landscaping. We had our drive way redone in the fall, and the flower beds by the road need to be changed. I am thinking of incorporating our mailbox bed with one of the beds. I think it will look nicer. I also need more ever green shrubs.

My climbing roses always do well, and add beauty inside the house as well.


I adore my birdbath, and I love the picket fencing that my husband surprised me with last year! The kids love it too as it gives them a "Secret Garden" to play in!


I hope to get the camera repaired soon, and post photos of the changes in my landscaping this year!

3 comments:

  1. looks just beautiful! God has given us such beauty for our lives! I too am ready for the warmer weather! We are still having winter storms out in "sunny" California :) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree next door is loaded with white blossoms. I just noticed this yesterday and so I think spring is on its way here!!

    I keep wanting to plant sweet peas but I keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird bath looks so pretty with the white fence in the background.
    I would love to put up some bird feeders and a bird bath around here. I think we all would enjoy watching them.
    Can we grow bulbs down here or is it too hot?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...