Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, August 7, 2009

Chicken And Pasta


Last night I made one of our favorite dishes. I do not have the camera that my daughter has so these photos are not fantastic, but I wanted to show you the process for making this easy, but delicious meal.

First you cut up chicken, I used breast tenderloins, and cook in some butter. I am sure you could use margarine but I can't guarantee what it would taste like! When the chicken is almost done, I put sliced up zucchini and summer squash in the pan and season it with salt and pepper.

Oh, look at that butter in the corner of the pan! Yum! When the veggies are nice and sauteed, add a 16 ounce carton of sour cream ( you can use light or fat free however I don't know whether the taste would be the same!) and 8 oz or so of grated parmesan cheese. Let the sour cream blend in with the butter in the pan and the cheese melt.

While this is cooking, boil about a pound of pasta of your choice. I usually use spaghetti but you can use ziti or linguine. When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the chicken, veggies and sauce. Mix together.

I serve it on my large white platter, and sprinkle some parsley flakes on top. You could add more freshly grated parmesan cheese to it.

We had ours with fresh and local sweet corn! Delightful. This is a fast and easy meal to make if your chicken is already defrosted. Perfect for a needed quick meal, but it doesn't taste "thrown together."

What are some of your favorite quick meals to make?

8 comments:

  1. I have to try this. It looks so good! I can just picture this on your white platter. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, i just used up my zucchini! But i'll definatly have to get some more to make this. It looks so good and easy too!

    I've been editing some of crystal's wedding photos and have come across some really cute ones of your kiddos! I'll have to send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious!

    Great recipe to use seasonal ingredients, too.

    Maybe you could host a "Quick Meals" recipe swap? I'm always looking for ideas that put a good meal on the table without taking up the whole afternoon to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Looks and sounds tasty. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Rabe,
    This looks really yummy!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I popped over from Jane's. Nice to meet you. That recipe looks delicious! Thank you for sharing it.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmmm....mmmm....smells good..or am I just imagining it????....Looks delicious...
    deby

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy. I have a similar recipe that uses cream cheese and I just love it!
    My absolute favorite quick meal is a "rice bowl". Just rice topped with stir fried veggies and maybe chicken or shrimp. Only takes about 20 minutes and is so easy to make and eat.
    Marilyn in NM

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...