Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, April 23, 2010

Headed Home

www.allposters.com


Well, we are on our way home...

It has been wonderful to see really great places, and to visit with family. Oh, and we had the opportunity to visit with dear friends who I used to babysit for...haven't seen them in probably 18 years....they are just as encouraging and easy to talk to as ever!

We visited the Arch and the Museum of Westward Expansion today! Tim, Kyle, Rachel, Sarah and Emily all went up in the arch. They said it was cool...Lindsay and I took in the IMAX film about Lewis and Clark. It was really good. They show the hard work and the danger all the Corp of Discovery went through, including a 16 year old woman named Sacagawea. She and her wee baby boy, Jean Baptiste, endured the hardships and the cold along with all the men. Sacagawea and Captain Clark's lifelong companion and slave, York, were the first woman and slave to ever have a vote in the United States. They voted as full members of the expedition.

I am thankful for the time that we have had to take this special trip, but now, my heart is fixed on home. I can't wait to get back to running my household and finishing school with the girls.

God is so good to us and has given us so many special memories as a family. I will try to get photos posted soon, but now the girls are looking for a chance to use the laptop tonight.

Sweet Dreams....

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I remember when they were building the arch (boy am I old). We have relatives in Missouri and I remember seeing it as it was being built. I was a very little girl though :-) We went up in it about 12 years ago and we all enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing more of your photos. Did you see my son and his resemblance to Adam? If you go to my Feb. 17th post, there are alot of photos of him (his birthday). The profile is really like his.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear you had a great time.

    See you soon!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip home. It was such a treat to see you all! I'm so thankful you came to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...