Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Wedding Prep - Men's Edition


Last evening we went to pick out suits for the men in the wedding party.  The original plan was for Lindsay to be there too, but she has a bad cold and didn't feel well so she stayed home.  Emma and I were there to make sure they all ended up looking good.  The night was a success.

What do you think?  Did we do a great job or what?

This photo makes me laugh so hard, Daniel's face is so serious!  LOL!

Seriously though, these guys were fun and easy to work with.  The man who helped us was great and taught us a lot about buying a suit.

Joseph's suit is a charcoal pinstripe slim fit.  We learned how they
measure for the hems.  So fascinating.

They use this tool and run a line of chalk at the top of the plastic measure.


There were lots of spiffy looks.

But in the end this band of brothers - well three brothers and a close friend - were the spiffiest.


Oh, I'm still laughing….

10 comments:

  1. So much nicer than renting a tux. Well, if those particular suits were actually in the shop, they must be "coming back!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember when gospel quartets all dressed alike? That is the image that popped into my mind when I saw the plaid sport coats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember when gospel quartets all dressed alike? That is the image that popped into my mind when I saw the plaid sport coats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that a good time was had by all :)

    Another thing to mark "done" on the list.

    Hope Lindsay feel better soon! These colds can be nasty. I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that a good time was had by all :)

    Another thing to mark "done" on the list.

    Hope Lindsay feel better soon! These colds can be nasty. I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was planning to get up from my computer because my scheduled time was "up" for now. Then, I saw this post and had to read.

    As one who has zero experience on the masculine side of wedding planning, I loved it. You always think of the girls with their wedding shopping. You rarely think (or at least I do) of the fun the guys can have at the same time if they are MY kind of guys... which these clearly are.

    I love buying a suit instead of renting a tux. So much better quality control and more practical for the future.

    And now, I really and truly AM getting up and walking away. Time's a wasting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I held my breath for just a minute. I'm very good at diplomacy, but it does have its limits! They are a great looking group of guys. They'll be handsome as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gospel quartet came to mind. I wondered for a minute...what to say, what to say.
    They are a handsome lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! That's too funny!
    Hope Lindsay's doing better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta laugh a lot while planning a wedding:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...