Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Cooking: Homemade Burgers and Ice Cream Sandwiches

Our weather has been amazingly beautiful.  A few days where rain has come in the evening, but otherwise, sunny, warm, and breezy!

I took advantage of the weather yesterday to grill some homemade burgers - made with organic beef, seasoned with garlic salt, pepper, and worchestershire sauce.  I always like to toast the buns too!

 We ate out on the deck, just 5 of us, which is a new reality for us.  Last year this time, we often had 10-12 people at dinner every night.  Things change, as is normal in the flow of life; Emma was at work, Lindsay and Joseph are eating at their home, of course, and Nate, Kay and Kamryn are often at my parents house where Nate lives.  It's fun to have time to focus on these three delightful people who are still being raised.  They are fun, and interesting, and full of energy and life!

 It was delicious.

At a discount grocery store they had packs of these large Oreo cookies, with out the cream centers.  They are perfect for ice cream sandwiches.


It allows for a tasty treat without so much ice cream!  My favorite is always a good Rocky Road!

I'm hoping to get some mowing and sewing done today.  What are you up to on this beautiful Saturday morning?

8 comments:

  1. My current favorite is coffee heathbar crunch, but a good rocky road is terrific. How odd to have only five at your table and a great opportunity, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my kids like coffee ice cream - Emma and Sarah especially. I found a brand "Greens" and they had Columbian Coffee Chip, which is basically coffee ice cream and chocolate chips! They loved it.

      It is odd yes, but I am embracing the changes and enjoying time with this bunch! It won't be long and they'll be on their own too!

      Delete
  2. Love rocky road! The burgers look good. Life is full of adjustments, isn't it? Trying to post a comment--let's see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dinner! Delicious food...good company! Dinner with a crowd is lots of fun, but dinner with a few dear ones is just as special. Dinnertime is one of my favorite times of the day. Good things happen around a table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy to me:) AND the ice cream sandwich idea is awesome! Have a blessed Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you find the bug Oreos at BB's?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you find the Oreos at BB's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them at Sharp Shopper in Leola. They have had them two times, but not every time I have checked for them.

      Hope this helps Kathy!

      Delete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...