Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Knitting: An Oversized Cowl



For several years I've been knitting this cowl pattern - {here}.  I mostly use my big needles - size 35.  The large needles make this cowl knit up quickly. They make wonderful gifts.

I started a new one this weekend.  I found a lovely yarn at Hobby Lobby and the color is called Sea Glass.


Something I do differently than the pattern calls for is to not double the thread, though I did it once and it made a lovely thick cowl.  Very warm.

For this cowl, I am using smaller needles and again not doubling the yarn.  I like how it's looking.  It will be used for a gift.  Yes, I'm starting to think of autumn birthdays and Christmas.  Handmade gifts take time to make.  

I've been pinning some baby hat patterns, too.  Kaidence will need one, and so will all my other grands!  I love to knit for them.  Keeps my hands busy, and is practical while being handcrafted!

Do you knit or crochet?

I have a fun Pinterest board called Hooks and Needles, if you'd like to see what I've been pinning.  I'd love for you to share a favorite pattern with me, if you have one!



6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful color Deanna, I used to knit and crochet, but haven't in many years,When I see beautiful creations here in blogland I think I might start again.
    looking forward to you showing the finished cowl.
    Have a great day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sea glass color. I know it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cowl you gifted me and am looking forward to cooler weather so I can wear it again! That Sea Glass color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adore that sea glass colour!!! You ask about knitting or crocheting. I don't knit -- have tried on numerous occasions over the years, I finally said that's all folks on that front. But I do like to crochet. Haven't done anything for years though.

    Lovely that you're thinking ahead on those birthday and Christmas presents. Yes, handmade things to take their time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The recipients of your lovely cowls are blessed! (I know, because I am one!)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...