Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Thankful Tuesdays




This sign is a gift that Rachel bought for my birthday last year.  She purchased it when we went to a sale at Aimee Weaver's home in early October.  Aimee is a talented artist and paints signs on old wood, does custom work, and other special things.  

The thing is that she put it in her closet and then forgot about it.  Sometime during this past year, we were talking on the phone and she said, "I think I bought you something for your birthday or Christmas and forgot to give it to you."  We did a video chat so I could show her the closet etc, but she said she didn't see it.

Sunday, she came to me with a bag and said, "Here's your gift! I found it."

I love it so much.  It's a great color and I love its message!

This morning I feel that all is well with my soul.  My devotional last night went well, and was well received.  

When I speak to women to encourage them, I feel like I'm doing what God put me on earth to do.

Thank you for praying for me.  I was able to pull my random notes, jotted down over the last few weeks, into a cohesive 5 point message.  I'm grateful, and filled up.

I may just start a thing - Thankful Tuesdays.  I'd love to hear what you're thankful for today!

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a nice gift and a pleasant surprise for you! How good The Lord is to help you gather thoughts to be able to present a cogent word. Encouragement is much needed.

    My family has been hit with a number of issues in the past week from death and dying to unemployment to major health issues. Encouragement is balm to the spirit. My daughter lamented, after hearing just some of the troubles...”Life is so hard.” Yes, it is, there is no sense in sugar coating it. It’s why we all need Jesus. I am thankful to be in the family of God. We are in His family by choice, not by automatically being ushered in. Many blessings on your Thankful Tuesday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for salvation and the life God has designed for me. I can't imagine living life with the Lord guiding and directing me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful and SO happy that it was found! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best story! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice surprise!! Your new sign is lovely and I love that hymn too!

    I am thankful for special time with family these past few days . . . a few days with Kati and a grand sleepover coming up tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...