Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Friday, August 30, 2019

Afternoon Tea


Rachel's classmate at Word of Life is staying with us for a week.  She is from Peru, but has spent half her life as a Missionary Kid in Bolivia.  She had never had Afternoon Tea before, so Rachel, myself and my friend Jane, decided we needed to take her.


She loved it and took lots of photos and I think might have been sending them to her mom.  She told me that our house is decorated like her mom decorates.  I loved that.  It's so cool to think women from different cultures could like very similar things for making a home!




 We brought the leftover desserts and sandwiches home.

We had a lovely time, and I love that we have a new tea convert!

7 comments:

  1. I would go with you in a moment to that tea room and that was a wonderful treat for your friend from Peru/Bolivia. Maybe she will bring the tradition to her home countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I found my answer! Tea convert...😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that’s just it...after seeing your tea tray, I am going looking for my tea sandwich recipe for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine life without TEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks so inviting and delicious. How lovely for this classmate of Rachel's. There is always something so special about sharing the things we love with friends who haven't experienced it yet. And how cool is that, that you and her mom share a similar taste in home decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun! I know she enjoyed the afternoon tea! Have a beautiful weekend dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place and experience to share!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...