Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, April 17, 2023

Weekend

 We had a nice weekend. The weather has been very nice, even though this morning is rainy and dark.

On Thursday, Rachel and I took all the girls to the park, and then grabbed lunch. We did our grocery shopping, too. Friday I drove my mom to run some errands, after doing school with the kids.

For dinner that evening, I made up a marinade of red wine vinegar, avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder and oregano. I marinated chicken drumsticks in it for several hours. Then Tim grilled the chicken, I made 'rice a roni' and sliced up some tomatoes.


It was delicious. 

Nate and Kay are moving their household, load by load right now, so I've had the little girls a bit extra. They've gotten big enough to play outside without having to be watched every second. They are enjoying the creek, and the play gym, and running around the pasture.

I've been sitting out on the deck a lot and enjoying the sunshine, my lilacs in bloom, and watching the birds.

Saturday, Rachel and I went to several of our favorite greenhouses. At the Amish green house I bought deep red double begonias, limey variegated coleus, pale yellow tiny flowers like petunias, euphorbia white frost, white mealy sage (salvia family), and red and orange lantana mix! I put together three pots for the house!



I watered them well yesterday, and early this morning we had a good soaking rain. 

I debated about the pots, since I don't know how torn up things will be around here, but pots are simple to move so I went for it! They are cheery.

My dad is finally on the mend from his cold. The fever is gone, and he's feeling much better. He's an interesting one. It seems as if he gets terribly week in the legs when he's got a cold. He almost fell several times. But that all turned around this weekend as he started to feel better. He has an appointment with his doc soon.


Things are getting crazy in the world, but do not despair. God is still on the job! 

I hope your weekend was a good one. My mom said yesterday, "Even though the world is so scary right now, there is still so much beauty."

I agree and I'm thankful. 



3 comments:

  1. The food and the flowers look great! I need to do more planting!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful! I would say it is silly to spend money and time on anything that is an unknown. I like your way far better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your mom. The other evening we had the most beautiful sunset I've seen at our home in a long time. It just seems as if God was reminding us that He is still here, still holding all things together, and still creating beauty everyday. A wonderful reminder.

    Oh, and those flower boxes are absolutely gorgeous! I love the combination of colors and plants that you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Last Day of April

April was a very busy month for us. Lots of activities, appointments, and opportunities to extend hospitality. Sometimes as the old saying g...