Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Lilacs In Bloom Just Like I had Envisioned

 

This lovely bunch of lilacs can be seen right out the kitchen door. Whenever we come in or out of the house we can smell these delightful flowers. 

That is just how I hoped it would be all those many years ago when I bought two small lilacs from Costco. I had a vision, and it has come to fruition.

That is why I am trying give good thought to how the plantings around our home will change with the addition. One big change is that this lilac is planted in the space that will now be a laundry room!

I want to make sure that where ever it is moved, it will be seen and appreciated. Maybe along the right front next to the garage. That could work. 



This lilac which is out my current bedroom window (Sarah's room normally), won't need to move. 




5 comments:

  1. Lilac bushes are beautiful!
    I need to find one for here...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I pruned the lilacs heavily. All the blooms were so high that I could hardly smell them. This year, the leaves have just popped out, but I'm wondering if there will be any blooms. Same story with the forsythia.

    It will be interesting to see where all your plantings land next season. I appreciate your loyalty to the lilac. Hope you have some good strong backs in the family. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm....I can smell them from here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love that color. The lilac we planted last year did not survive the winter snow and snapped right down at the base. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm hopeful our lilac bushes will bloom this year. the hubs pruned them back a bit too late i'm thinking. regardless, i'm hopeful. the color and scent brings me back to the sweet days of childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Last Day of April

April was a very busy month for us. Lots of activities, appointments, and opportunities to extend hospitality. Sometimes as the old saying g...