Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Apples of Gold




I am going to be helping with a mentoring program at church called Apples of Gold. It is set as a 6 week program, but we are going to do it in 12 weeks, as there is so much to study and discuss.
Each week we will be having the study and then having a cooking demonstration and decorating ideas. This is the area I will be "mentoring".
I am not a gourmet cook by any means, but I also think that many of our young wives and mothers will be looking for healthy, delicious, and easy to make recipes. The first week we meet I will teach them to make 2 apple recipes, and then see what it is they would like to learn to do.
I am very excited to be a part of this program. I know there are many young women today who have been prepared to have careers but not prepared for being wives, mothers, and keeper of their homes.
My two teen daughters ages 15 and 13 will be providing the child care for our group. It is great for them to be able to help out in this way, using the skills they have been taught as big sisters to several little ones.
We don't start until September but I have been working on the study portion, meeting with the other ladies who are mentoring. It will be here before you know it!

4 comments:

  1. Well that sounds like a great program! Much needed I'm sure as I totally agree that many women today are trained for careers but not for even the basics of homekeeping. How exciting that you get to mentor some young women! What two apple recipes will you be sharing with them?

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most fun, best studies for mentoring out there!

    It is such a great way to get to know each other and pass information to the next generation.
    Although in our church, many gals wanted to be the "younger ones" as they wanted to learn some things, and be in the word with other women at the same time. You will LOVE this!
    Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is going to be great.

    I find myself sometimes amazed that I am going to mentor - after all I still feel 25! However, I have been married almost 20 years now!

    Manuela, I will post the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you'll be doing this mentoring program! You'll be great at it!
    I wish we lived near by so i could join you!
    <><, Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...