Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thanks For Praying

Thank you for praying for me yesterday.

Everything went really well. It was fun and encouraging. God went before me with a devotional on Joshua 1:1-9 "Be Strong and Courageous." Often times we home educating parents worry that we are going to miss giving our children something in their education that they need, etc...or we get exhausted by being both mom and teacher. I encouraged them to remember the great task that God has given us, the privilege we have to be the primary influencer of our children, and to disciple them as well. God wants us to be strong and very courageous! Do not fear!

The photo is of some of the women who have planned classes to teach to the kids. They came early for a teacher's meeting. Later parents from almost all of our 59 families, came for the main meeting, which was fun. We got our kids all signed up for their classes for the year.

Thank you Lord, for answered prayer!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your meeting went well. I do think it's natural to worry about what our children might be missing, but with one of mine in public school, I see that they aren't hitting everything either. We need to carry on and do our best as Unto the Lord, and he'll take care of the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the Father Up Above, Was Looking down in Love...

    This is gret news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that your meeting went well. Did you do anything with the Homeschool Momsense that you wrote or show the Anita Renfroe clip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your meeting went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly,

    We may try to do it another time, but we just showed the Anita Renfroe video clip and gave away the dvd as a prize!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...