Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Co-op Begins Today


Our homeschool group starts up again today!  We have been on a break since Thanksgiving. 

One of the responsibilities I have as the "fearless leader" is the decision as to whether we meet due to the weather!  It has snowed a tiny bit so that is not an issue - but the cold is.  It is going to be so cold with the wind this afternoon.  Of course, we meet inside and so it is only an issue of going to and from the vehicles.  At this point I am planning on us meeting, as it is a pain to reschedule!

I am continuing my class on "Emma" by Jane Austen.  Last semester the girls were not very talkative and it is hard to have a book discussion class when you are the only one "discussing" the book.  They do like the English Country Dancing and are looking forward to having a real Ball - 

Here are some photos from last years ball - 


I made both of these dresses!


These young ladies had a wonderful time - many girls these days don't know what it is like to dress up for an event, so they loved it!

We are trusting God for another great semester.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great group! I can't wait to hear more about the things you guys are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved this post, but what I truly loved...was seeing picture's of **young ladies** dressed as such. Pretty, decently clothed & modest, fully covered, not overly done with make-up, and just in general looking like **Beautiful Christian** young women should. Lovely...just lovely. Kudos to all of them.
    Love & Prayers,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...