Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's Almost Here...

Just a few days left until Christmas...

Tonight we went to our friend Mindy's 'Holiday Concert' at her high school. She is a soprano and sings in the choir. It was a really good concert. For being a public school and being a 'Holiday Concert' they sang and played mostly religious music, including ending as is their tradition with the Hallelujah Chorus! They have Madrigals, choir, an orchestra and a concert band...many students with a lot of talent! It was wonderful to hear them proclaim the Lord's coming - even if some did not know what they were singing about!

All our shopping is done...Tim's birthday is Thursday - yes Christmas Eve! We are going out for dinner - or perhaps lunch if most restaurants are going to be closed at dinner time. We are going to the Christmas Eve service at our church and then will head home, to open stockings and get little ones settled for the evening. My Mom and Dad will spend the night and be there first thing in the morning. After feeding the horses and dogs, we will open gifts.

I have had a stress free Christmas season this year...really enjoying the tree and the beautiful atmosphere. I love reading my Bible in the living room by the light of the tree...

I am thankful for each of you and pray that you will celebrate Christmas with joy and peace in your hearts because of His Coming!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you made it to Mindy's concert. We were sooo close to coming and then Mikey and a couple of his guy friends walked in. I hated to leave right then.

    Good thing, probably, I am so prone to coughing right now, I would have driven everyone nuts.

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a very peaceful Christmas season as well, its been nice to just relax and be a family anticipating the day! Starting new traditions with Cayden has been fun too. Its just about here....it came sooo fast!! So fun.

    Happy Birthday to Tim!!! Hope its a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a pretty peaceful Christmas week. I'm all done with the shopping and the decorating. All I need to do is cook and bake two things.

    Happy Birthday to Time and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Enjoy a most beautiful day.

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...