Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tea: Plum Deluxe

I'm sitting here this morning looking out the deck door, at the beautiful foliage that is changing on my maple tree.  The air is cool, perfect for an October morning.  I am sipping a new tea blend, 'Deluxe Pumpkin Spice Tea' by Plum Deluxe.  


I'm drinking this, this morning!

It's tasty.  Its full of honeybees tea, black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, calendula, safflower, and natural pumpkin flavor.  Chai drinkers will love this tea.

I had an email a week ago or so, from a guy named Andy.  I almost deleted it without looking, but I am so glad I didn't!  Andy is the owner/founder of Plum Deluxe a tea company in Oregon.  He was wondering if I'd like to try some tea and perhaps have some to share with my readers.  Of course I said yes!  I know that many of you are tea lovers as I am myself.  

They also have a tea of the month club!


I've been branching out of my 'safe' zone of teas and exploring new tastes, so it wasn't easy to choose a few flavors to try, but I decided on Reading Nook Blend Black Tea, (black tea, rosebuds, lavender, chamomile, love, gratitude) Oregon Breakfast Black Tea, (All organic ingredients, black tea, honeybush tea, orange peels, hazelnut essence, love, gratitude), and the Deluxe Pumpkin Spice.

This is the Reading Nook tea.  Isn't it beautiful?  I drank a cuppa the other afternoon, with a faux fur throw blanket on my lap and a good book!

They are all good, but my favorite so far has been the Oregon Breakfast tea.  The orange and hazelnut flavors are smooth and delicious!

Oregon Breakfast tea.  Delicious!

I really like the story of how this company came to be, you can read that here.

This weekend I was reading my latest Tea Time magazine and came across a mention of Plum Deluxe and their Oregon Breakfast tea!  




So, my tea loving friends, which tea would you like to try?  I am going to give away an ounce of each to the lucky winner! (serving size says 1 teaspoon per cup)

All you need to do is check out their website and tell me which tea caught your eye, and come back and tell me!  I'll announce the winner on Friday!

I'm joining Bernideen,  and Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday!

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delightful morning! Sights and sounds much better than mine at Costco waiting to get my low tire checked !! I would live to try the vanilla latte!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Self Care Tea Blend (elderberry/aprocot ) catches my eye since my family all are battling fall colds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Deanna,
    I love trying new teas. I think the Oregon Breakfast Tea sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing this with us and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound like a delicious tea! How peaceful to be sitting there enjoying the leaves and having your cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those teas look interesting...makes me want to experiment with all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quite enjoy flavoured teas and it's always nice to see a new company join the market. Mail order has become the way for shopping and I have fun choosing new varieties to try.
    The pumpkin spice tea looks tasty, I have a fondness for cardamom.
    Enjoy your new tea Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessed you! A perfect gift for a tea lover. Well, if I were trying one of these teas, I'd go with the Oregon Breakfast Tea since you recommend it so highly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious, I should really try some tea:) Not really a tea drinker so I will let the other's have my chance at the gift! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fortunate you answered the email! The photos of the different teas are beautiful and would be fun to try! I'm glad to know about the Oregon company and check it out in my magazine! Please, pop over to my post this week!
    Have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. The one called "The Reading Nook" sounds intriguing!
    kellam.susan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those teas all look amazing. The Coconut Macaron Dessert Tea caught my eye on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh is this a difficult choice. The Oregon Breakfast sounds so good, but I'm always on the lookout for a no-caffeine after dinner choice and the idea of chocolate and hazelnut may be pick. I loved spending time visiting the site. Thanks for introducing us to these fabulous teas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all sound yummy, but I am going to say Reading nook would be the one I'd go with. The Breakfast tea sounds good but unfortunately I'm allergic to nuts. A lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deanna, I came to your blog as a result of Bernideen's blog party and the photo you posted. Your blog is lovely - I love that it's not overly 'busy'. I recently received some teas from Plum Deluxe and have been reviewing them on my blog. If my memory is correct, I've 'met' you on ATAA Facebook. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you enjoyed them (and didn't delete the email!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deanna, I enjoyed browsing around their site. There are quite a few that I would like to try. My pick is Home is where the Tea is. I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deana:
    Your post is included in the special featured ones for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That Andy certainly sent out a lot of samples. I reviewed them too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...