Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Autumn: The Beauty Of Late October


We are just peaking in our autumn color here at the cottage.  Every drive I take shows this to be true of our whole area.  Nearly every tree, shrub, and plant is full of beautiful color!

It was so beautiful yesterday, that Kyle and I headed outside to read history. 

Here was my view - 





Today we have grey skies, but the trees are stunning...



There are still a few trees that have not really changed much, but in the next few weeks they will.  I like when this happens.  It allows the beauty of autumn to last.

whisperofvintage
                                                                 source

Are you enjoying Autumn?  I know for some of you the leaves have changed and fallen already.  For some, the leaves are just beginning to change and your weather has finally cooled.  Whatever your situation, I hope you are finding time, to get cozy, light a candle or diffuse some oils, read a book, watch a movie all snuggled up.  Let's allow ourselves the chance to embrace a slower pace of life during this season.

4 comments:

  1. Your photos are just gorgeous! Our trees are all bare now, and this morning when I got up it was only 11 degrees outside! I think winter has come to Idaho... :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sickness sometimes forces you to slow down, so I am accepting this yucky cold as His gift. As I sit here in my living room, I am facing the picture window through which I can see the changing leaves of the oak tree and the hedge and the burnished blooms of the hydrangea . . . all so beautiful! I lit a pumpkin candle earlier and I am soaking up autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s beautiful there! Glad that you get outside for lessons. It is such a beautiful time if year and it is good to get out for fresh air and beauty. Autumn Tea outside would be lovely, too! It’s been a rainy week here, which does make the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall photos and colors. Ours is just starting to come, and the weather is turning cooler. A truly wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...