Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Peace On Earth, Goodwill To Men







This week I've been preparing to host our co-op moms Christmas party on Friday. I've been busy focusing on decor, and making my home welcoming.

This morning I've been reminded that people are hurting during this season of Joy, and that what we need to be aware of that and to be mindful that this is the WHY of Christmas.

I can get so focused on trees, and lights, and songs that I forget that the world is in desperate need of Jesus and hope. His advent, his coming into this world was for the purpose of redeeming that which is broken and bringing peace on earth, goodwill to men one person at a time.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right Deanna. People focus on the sparkles, the lights, the decorations. It saddens me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized many years ago that for me, the sparkle and music of Christmas draws my attention toward Christ while Easter draws it to the Resurrection and salvation for the unsaved. It made me finally understand how I react to each Holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...