Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, October 19, 2020

Weekend

 We had a really great weekend.  On Saturday we took my parents out for our traditional fall foliage day trip. 



It was beautiful! We have a week or so before we are at peak here in our area, but I believe its going to be a wonderful year for color.

On Sunday, we had a quiet afternoon. As evening came on we went out for a campfire and we roasted marshmallows and hotdogs.






I'm grateful for the changing of the seasons. Grateful that in the fallen world, there is still beauty to be found.  

How was your weekend?


4 comments:

  1. Similar to yours except I missed a bonfire. That's coming next Sunday. Yes, I am grateful for the continuity of changing seasons. I'd like to skip winter maybe. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deanna~

    Beautiful photos!! Nothing is better than hotdogs and marshmallows on a crisp fall day! We do live in a fallen world but it sounds like you know how to lighten it up...I love it!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful!! Spent in the country and now we are back home. Going back and forth keeps both places so special. I forget how pretty HOME is - until I come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you all take a fall foliage trip every year! What a feast for the eyes and for the soul . . . seeing God's beautiful creation and being reminded of His faithfulness as evidenced in the seasons!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...