Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

More Snow Geese!

 

This time they were only 15 minutes from home, not nearly an hour! This farm pond has been covered with snow geese for a week or so. The usual Canada Geese that live there are playing host to hundreds of migrating birds.

I was on my way home from running an errand in the morning yesterday, and saw and heard some of the geese overhead. So I pulled over and took this video.


I wasn't sure how many geese would still be at this pond since so many seem to have moved on from Middle Creek. When I drove by it was full, so when I got home I grabbed my mom and the girls to go have a look. Then I mentioned it to Nate so he and the little girls came with us to go have a look.

They are noisy. I wonder what they are communicating to each other? Maybe it's, "Hey, I was here first!" LOL

This will be my last snow geese post. I promise not to bore you with anymore snow geese talk.

5 comments:

  1. They do make a racket. Ducks...plain old ducks...swoop up from the river and I always take notice. Your snow geese are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness that is a lot of birds!! They are very pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love birds so you're not boring me. I've not seen snow geese here in California. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boring? Not for me....I love Snow Geese....there was a farm in Maine that had them each winter.....we just loved seeing them//thank you for sharing this Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not boring for me. I am so each excited each year to hear the geese and the sand hill cranes flying over. Love your pictures and your little video. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...