Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 15, 2023

Weekend


                                                           My peonies are in bloom!

 Well, I had fully intended to do a Information Friday post for you but, after 10 hours at the VA hospital with dad and mom, I was too tired mentally to get it done.

My dad had an endoscopy and colonoscopy and they found that he has colon cancer. They did a cat scan and biopsy but we don't know those results yet. Hopefully today.

Both of my parents faithfully did colonscopies and were always clear. So, some years ago now they were told they didn't need to do them anymore. Mom never had polyps but dad did, though they were always clear. In hindsight maybe he should have gone every three years? 

If the cancer has not spread, he'll have surgery. If it has they'll recommend chemo. Once we know the stage etc, we'll discuss what he wants to do. We'd all appreciate your prayers for wisdom.

Friday morning Tim, Rachel, and I headed out for South Carolina and Sarah's third year graduation. We had a good trip down, a nice banquet, and graduation on Saturday morning was wonderful. I love hearing the testimonies of the students, and how they've learned of the Lord and grown.

These are the third year students who graduated. The young man on the left, Edher is from Peru. He was in Emma and Vinnie's class, and graduated with them, but was not able to do the third year until this year. It was fun that he was in class with Sarah.

Afterward there was a reception and then we loaded up our van and Sarah's car with her things and headed home.

The trip was uneventful, and we made it home about 12:30 am. Kyle was up and happy to see his sister.

Yesterday, we grilled steaks, had macaroni salad, deviled eggs, a green salad, and baked beans for lunch.

For dessert I made a yellow cake, and whipped cream, and served them with sliced strawberries! So good. We bought a gallon of strawberries in South Carolina for $16! 

They were excellent! Now I'm wishing I'd bought at least one more!

Four of our kids were here, and we managed a few photos.





I have such lovely kids. I'm enormously proud of them all. They are good friends to me!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and Mother's Day.


5 comments:

  1. Oh Deanna, I'm so sorry about your Father's diagnosis. As you know, that's what my sister has...colon cancer. Praying for your Dad and a happy outcome for him!
    You have a beautiful family!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'll be keeping him and all of you in my prayers. Glad you had a safe trip and a good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm sorry to hear this about your dad. Prayers definitely for wisdom.
    You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love those pictures! Smiles are beautiful. Praying...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...