Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 1, 2023

Weekend

 Happy May!

Wow, April flew right by didn't it? 

May is a happy month for our family, with lots of birthdays and anniversaries among our immediate family and our siblings.

My dad starts it off with his birthday on Friday. He'll be 84! Later this month, is my mom's birthday, Nate's, and then Rachel's at the end of the month.

May is also the month of peonies. My friend and I think that the peonies will be about two weeks ahead of normal!

Today is a sunny day, but the whole weekend was a rainfest. There was no outside work, though Tim did manage a bit of weeding on Saturday when we didn't have rain for a several hours. 

I made a triple batch of banana muffins, and I made Chicken Ole' for dinner Saturday evening. Yum!

Lunch is our main meal on Sundays, so Saturday evening I marinated some steaks. We knew it was going to be pouring rain all day Sunday, so we cooked them under the broiler in our oven. We also had fried potatoes, and a delicious green salad. That satisfied all of our bellies!

The little grand girls ate a little bit, but then devoured banana muffins. We don't care. We try to get them to eat some of what we are eating, but we don't worry if they don't. 

Nate and Kay are getting settled into their new home, the kids all seem to like it, too. It's such a blessing to find a three bedroom rental they can afford.

I've been working on sitting outside every day as long as it is not raining. It's good for my health especially on sunny days!

This is a photo from inside my house (which is not this dark) at the beautiful day outside. I'll be going to sit out as soon as I am done on the computer. 

Today we'll be taking an afternoon trip to the Veterans Medical Center for an appointment for my dad. First we'll get schoolwork done, though. 

I hope your weekend was good, even if you had rain! I forgot to say we rented Jesus Revolution on Amazon and enjoyed it. It takes place is Southern California where I grew up, during the time I was growing up so that was really fun for me and mom. There is a band in the movie that we listened to all the time in our house!

Have you seen this movie? Several things stuck out to me. The commentators on the news were all mentioning what a dark time it was in our nation, and how divided we were. Yet God chose that time to move in amazing ways! Let's pray for that for the times we are living in!




3 comments:

  1. Laurel called me to say that she had watched that movie and loved it. Later, I got a text saying that it was so good that she was watching it again. Keith Green was somehow involved with that ministry and I loved his music.

    Glad that your son and family are moved in and enjoying the extra space.

    It's kind of a Noah's ark kind of week here. We are waterlogged.

    The green beyond your windows is so pretty. 🌳🌳🌳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wanted to see that movie! Last time I checked it was only in theaters. Glad to hear it's on Amazon now. I heard the soundtrack and liked it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thought to end this post! I haven't seen the movie yet - but I will!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...