Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, May 8, 2023

Weekend

 






Mom and I got up early and watched the Coronation of King Charles III. I love history and pageantry and thought the service was beautiful. 

It started with a choir boy saying to the king, "The children of the Kingdom of God welcome you in the name of the King of Kings." Charles answered, "I come not to serve but to serve."

I made mom and I quiche and scones with cream and lemon curd. We drank Coronation Tea by Harney and Sons.

The rest of the weekend was good, too.

We had church yesterday, came home to roast dinner cooked in the crock pot. Yum.

This week is full of appointments for my dad, but I'll keep in touch.

I hope you all had a good weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. We watched the coronation as well...Loved all the pomp and circumstance!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch, but I love how it was a full on event at your house!! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...