Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Creativity

One of the things I love about my girls is that they are creative. This creativity gets passed on down from the older ones to the younger ones. If there is knitting going on, the younger ones want to do it too. If there is sewing, or working with clay etc....the younger girls want to be involved.

Recently, to go along with Lindsay's interest in outdoor survival and outdoor living, she has been making things such as a teepee, a bed for the teepee, cloaks. She made some moccasins for Emily out of leather and denim. Yesterday, we stopped at Michaels, and a regular moccasin kit was purchased by Emily and then Lindsay sewed them up last night.


This lead to a flurry of activity. Lindsay made Sarah some denim moccasins...


And then this morning, made a pair for Rachel. They then took leather scraps and laces were made for Rachel's moccasins.



Lindsay also purchased terra cotta clay yesterday to make bowls for outdoor use. This clay allows you to air dry them, instead of baking.

I am always so happy when my girls are creating, using their talents to bless others....

9 comments:

  1. How neat! I have a collection of clay dishes, so the little bowls won my heart over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, girls. All of the moccasins and the bowls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're raising those gals well! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were some great projects...kids love things like that. They might be able to make "handmade" gifts for family members (or others even) for Christmas!
    What are you all going to do with the clay bowls???

    I homeschooled our children for about 2 years....and it SO was not my gifting! HA! But they survived and we all did.....and now I am down to just our last one in school and she will be out this coming Spring. Sad but part of the journey.
    Hang in there!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. It features your quiet Lindsay so nicely. She is such a wonderful young woman.

    All of your kids are creative. Emily was a great help last night working on the set piece for the concert.

    Blessings on you and your creative
    family!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your kind comments!

    Joyce, the bowls are Lindsay's, who has a passion for outdoor living. She will use them out in her teepee, which has been built in the horse pasture.

    My kids do make Christmas gifts for each other. Don't tell, but Emily is knitting as shawl for Rachel and a scarf for Sarah!
    Shhh....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have creative kiddos! I love that you said they are using their talents to bless others, isnt that what its all about?! I am glad they are learning this at such an early age in life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet projects!!! I always wanted those moccasins when I was little.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...