Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Bit Of Home Life...

 For several months now I have been baking our bread.  There are two blogs that I read that the gals have been sharing bread recipes and/or tips for better baking.  
The first blog I want to share with you is Rosie's Ramblings.  Rosie writes about her life at home with her dear mama Jewels, and the rest of the family.  She shared a recipe for the "best bread ever", here is a link.  This bread of mine was made from that recipe.  It is the BEST BREAD EVER!  We devoured a whole loaf this evening!  I will definitely make this recipe again and again.

Joy at Home Joys has been doing a great series on baking and if you click on the link it will take you to her newest post on bread baking - freezing dough.
 
I talked Kayleigh through making an English Apple PieShe did great and made it while I was sewing pillowcases this afternoon.

We got to visit with our friend Denny tonight.  It was fun. We ate bread with jam and pie and drank coffee and tea.  He goes this week to be with his family to celebrate his sister's life at a memorial service. 

Well, I should head to bed soon.  I stay up too late most of the time, and am usually the first one up in the morning.  Partly it is due to finally getting a chance to have a bit of time to myself, and partly it is because I am either reading or on my computer reading blogs!  The book I am reading right now is "Miss Read - Village School."  I am enjoying it very much.   

Okay, good night friends.  I pray you have a lovely day tomorrow.  We have had sunshine for two days in a row now - it's almost enough to make a person giddy!  


Sweet Dreams....


4 comments:

  1. That bread does look amazing. I'll go check that recipe out!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try Rosie's recipe as well. It looks like it rises perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful (no doubt) deliciousness! Isn't it nice to be able to be near, even though miles-wise we might be far! You're very dear, {{Deanna}}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that bread delicious! I grind my own wheat and bake mine, so yummy. I love the Miss Read books too:-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...