I've had some blueberries in the freezer that have been calling to me. Last evening, while Kyle and I were home alone together, I had him help me whip up a batch of muffins.
The recipe is easy and delicious!
From Sally's Baking Addiction - Sparkling Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (very careful not to overmeasure)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, room temperature preferred
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk*
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or vegetable or melted coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Check out the directions on her blog.
As you can see I didn't use the coarse sugar for sprinkling on the top of the muffins. I used buttermilk as she suggested and for oil I used avocado oil. They taste delicious. I think the next time I make these, I will try 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to see how I like that. Oh, and I made the regular cupcake size muffins rather than jumbo sized. They go further around here that way.