Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thanksgiving Menu



We are pretty traditional when it comes to our Thanksgiving meal.  Turkey, of course, gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing.  Sometimes sweet potatoes.  Sometimes rolls.  Pies, pumpkin roll.  

We all contribute, and enjoy the meal together.  Since I've been eating the Trim Healthy Mama way, I've chosen to not eat the potatoes or the stuffing and rolls.  I usually make a few more veggie dishes that I can eat along with my turkey and gravy, and green beans. 

This year I am going to try Zucchini au gratin.  

I'm also thinking of making this - 


                                           source


I also might make some chocolate pudding using the pudding recipe from this recipe -

This easy No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie is a treat for Trim Healthy Mama fans, low-carb and sugar free plans. It's an easy no bake recipe!
                                   source

My mom usually makes a low carb pumpkin roll so we'll enjoy that, too!


If you'd like to make a Perfect Everytime Turkey, click on the link to find out how to do it!  It's so amazing and easy!

Do you have any special dietary restrictions?  Make any special treats at the holidays?

6 comments:

  1. Those desserts look almost as wonderful as your header! 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tradition is best...I love that word! It's interesting those that say stuffing as opposed to dressing. It must be what we grew up with! It's the most wonderful tradtion to enjoy wonderful food and family! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the Adkins low Carb diet so I will be selective on my Thanksgiving meal.
    I've been on it for 7 months so I am use to eating less and watching others eat to the hearts content. That Maple Caramel pie sure looks tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christopher and Melissa are hosting this year. I love hosting but they really wanted to this year. I'll make the dressing and the pumpkin pies here and then Melissa wants me to teach her how I roast the turkey (the secret is putting butter under the skin, everything is better with butter).

    I love the header, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have vegetarians and vegans at the table every year. It's a challenge, but we manage.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...