Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, November 20, 2017

Thanksgiving Week


My heart is full this Monday morning, as I begin Thanksgiving week.




I was reading this morning in Matthew 6 - "Do not worry."  Jesus tells us that if God so cares for the sparrows, won't he much more care for us? "Aren't you more valuable that they are?" He says.

I'm reminded of all the ways that God has provided for me, the things that I need and people in my life to encourage me.

I'm thinking the list is endless of all the blessings God has given.  As my friend Jane and I were talking this morning before they left for New Hampshire, she shared an old hymn with me that had been a reminder and encouragement to her.


In Heavenly Love Abiding

  1. In heav’nly love abiding,
    No change my heart shall fear;
    And safe is such confiding,
    For nothing changes here.
    The storm may roar without me,
    My heart may low be laid,
    But God is round about me,
    And can I be dismayed?
  2. Wherever He may guide me,
    No want shall turn me back;
    My Shepherd is beside me,
    And nothing can I lack.
    His wisdom ever waketh,
    His sight is never dim;
    He knows the way He taketh,
    And I will walk with Him.
  3. Green pastures are before me,
    Which yet I have not seen;
    Bright skies will soon be o’er me,
    Where darkest clouds have been.
    My hope I cannot measure,
    My path to life is free;
    My Savior has my treasure,
    And He will walk with me.

Anna L. Waring


Such great truths.  My prayer is that we will keep our eyes on the one to Whom we owe so much and to whom all our praise and Thanksgiving flows.

I hope your day is filled with good things.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
    We have so very much to be thankful for......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post...a great reminder of His truth! Happy Thanksgiving week, Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. timely .. ♥
    happy thanksgiving, dear friend .. to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Green pastures are before me,
    Which yet I have not seen“

    Amen!

    All good things to you too, Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have struck the perfect note! Thank you. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good time of year to reflect on all we have to be thankful for...

    I have a question about your slow roasting turkey method:

    Do you cook the turkey uncovered the whole time?

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you (and Jane) for sharing these wonderful lyrics, focusing our hearts on the eternal! Here is my favorite line: He knows the way He taketh, And I will walk with Him.

    A blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard that song in years but love it - thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for responding. I think I am going to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Information Friday

Tim and I had a great time visiting our daughter Emma and her family. This birthday crown has seen a lot of heads this past week, but I had ...