Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Monday, June 7, 2010

Blue Monday


Last weekend we went to a few yard sales.  We don't do this very often, but we were looking for a few specific items.

I was not expecting to come upon four Spode Blue Room tea cups and saucers.




When I tell you that the lady charged me only $2.00 for all four, you won't hate me will you?




They are so beautiful.  We have already used them several times.  I believe beautiful things should be used and enjoyed, not put aside to save for some special occasion.




I am join Smiling Sally and all the lovely ladies over at Blue Monday!  Go have a look!

ps - photo credit: Emily Rabe

11 comments:

Becky K. said...

OH, I do love them. That first picture is my favorite.

Missed you and Rachel yesterday.

SmilingSally said...

I agree: use them! Happy Blue Monday.

Nanna said...

what a great find Deanna! I pull my sweet finds out for tea parties with teh grandaughters, ladies luncheons etc. that's my excuse for collecting LOL
Helen

Kim, USA said...

Oh my this makes my heart skip, I love them!! Happy Monday!


Blue Jar

Sherrie said...

Well, I don't hate you, but I am jealous. I would have grabbed all 4. Thanks for sharing.

Bee said...

I like the cups. I like the blue. It reminds me of Williamsburg.

~~Deby said...

What a deal...Deanna...you done good girl...and you are right..use them...life is short..
Deby

Melissa G said...

Yay! for good deals! They are beautiful!

Kelly said...

Beautiful teacups! I miss you! It feels like I haven't seen you in a long time. I look forward to seeing you either tomorrow or Sunday.

Abounding Treasures said...

I love blue and white combos and these teacups are fabulous!! What an excellent deal for so little :o)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Goodness, what a fabulous deal you got on those teacups! I have Spode plates and just love them. Those cups are so pretty!

Manuela

Information Friday

  Yesterday, my parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary. Tim and I took them on a short road trip to Havre de Grace and we enjoyed...