Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Autumn!

It won't be long now...

 
my beautiful Red Sunset Maples will be turning into a blaze of color...


I do wonder just what the color will look like this year since we have had such a dry summer...
 


Our days have warmed up again, but I know it won't last...the evenings are cool and the light fades more quickly now...

We had a storm last evening, but when Lindsay and I took the dogs out around 11:00 pm it had cleared and the nearly full moon was stunning.  Tonight is the Harvest Moon...the full moon closest to the Autumnal Equinox and the fullest moon of the year.  I hope you get a chance to go outside this evening and see it...it will be a beauty!


photos taken October 2007

4 comments:

  1. Send some rain our way...we are frying here in Virginia!

    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those maples are deserving of their name with their glorious colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful vibrant colors...yes..it is official it is Autumn.....love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you said so about the moon- I didn't realize and will definitely get out there to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Things I Like

  Brenda from It's A Beautiful Life blog did a post with this title and I enjoyed her list so I thought I'd do something similar. He...