Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nate!

As far back as I can remember I have wanted to be a mother.  To have sweet babies to love and care for, to raise crazy toddlers to adulthood...


22 years ago, God granted the desire of my heart when he gave Tim and I a son.  Nathan Joseph Rabe.  The baby who wouldn't sleep, and had colic.  The toddler and preschooler who loved music, would ask me to sing a song over and over again until he had learned it.  He became a big brother 5 times over and it took that fifth time before the Lord granted a desire that he had to have a brother!  All of his siblings love him very much and like to hang out with him.  


Nate is creative - a musician, a writer, sensitive.  He is a fantastic dad to his daughter.  He is learning patience, self sacrifice, giving yourself for another...all those lessons that parenthood brings our way.


We love you son, so very much, and are praying that this year will bring you joy.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing Nate with sweet little Kamryn.
    Hope this year brings much happiness.
    Happy birthday, Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Nate, your beloved son!!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me misty eyed! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Creekside Cottage - a place of Hospitality, Friendship and Encouragement!

Weekend

  This lovely Calathea that I bought in Nashville last month is doing well in my living room. It does need to be repotted, and I think I'...